Water - on the surface and underground - is the backbone of the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin and we are constantly working toward improving its quality.
QMDC is developing Healthy Waters Management Plans for the:
- Maranoa-Balonne (and Lower Condamine)
- Border Rivers, and
- Moonie catchments.
These plans will clearly identify the values communities want protected into the future. The Draft Environmental Values and Community Consultation Report is available, read the summary here or the full report here (pdf report).
What is a conservation value of your local wetland?
There is a tool called an Aquatic Conservation Assessment (ACA) to help land managers, researchers and community groups identify environmental values of wetlands in the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin and prioritise works to protect high value areas. The environmental values are qualified in an ACA for the Basin. Read about it here (3mb PDF).
- Inglewood & Texas Landcare area (5mb)
- Maranoa Regional Landcare area (5mb)
- Millmerran Landcare area (4mb)
- Mitchell & District Landcare area (4mb)
- Murilla Landcare area (Miles) (5mb)
- Stanthorpe Landcare area (5mb)
- Tara & District Landcare area (4mb)
- Waggamba Landcare area (Goondiwindi) (5mb)
- Waroo-Balonne Landcare area (St George) (5mb).
For more information, contact QMDC's Paul Webb on email@example.com or call 4637 6200.
17th Australasian Vertebrate Pest Conference - Canberra
01 May 2017
Innovative Solutions for Vertebrate Pest Animal Management, May 1-4, 2017 Where: Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, next to the Parliamentary Triangle in Canberra ACT. Welcome function - Monday, 1st May 2017 (evening)… + read more
Labour Day Public Holiday
01 May 2017
QMDC's offices will be closed for the Labour Day Public Holiday. + read more