Soil Conservation service
QMDC offers a comprehensive soil conservation service to landholders. We have an experienced team of technical staff who can help to:
- identify funding sources for work required
- plan and design soil conservation plans
- survey contour banks
- peg waterways
- restore gullies
- plan and design farm roads and fencelines
- manage their property, and
- plan property access roads
We hold free field days throughout the year so check our events calendar if you'd like to attend or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop!
To discuss our soil conservation rates or to make an inquiry contact QMDC's Soil Conservation Team on phone 07 4637 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
QMDC has developed a series of fact sheets to give landholders an introduction to the construction and design principles required for erosion management, in particular gully head erosion, and road and track erosion. Click on the links below to download the PDF's.
- Soil conservation maintenance: how to prepare for the storm season
- Gully head erosion - the battering technique
- A case study on the battering technique at Carinya, Millmerran.
- Watch our video: Tackling gully erosion using the battering solution.
- Whoaboys - protecting farm roads and preventing erosion
- Farm Dams - tips on maintenance
- Care and use of surveying equipment
Rabbit Control Project - Community Catch up
25 May 2017
Join us for a barbecue and the chance to learn more about a new rabbit control project, assistance available to landholders in ‘The Summit ‘area and the impact of rabbits. This is your chance to have an informal… + read more
26 May 2017
May 26 & 27. More: https://www.facebook.com/Chinchilla-Show-Society-457410664334484/ or + read more
27 May 2017
National Reconciliation Week (NRW) 2017 runs from May 27 to June 3 each year. These dates mark the anniversaries of the 1967 referendum and the Mabo decision, respectively. 2017 marks the 50th and 25th anniversaries of these… + read more