Soil Conservation service
QMDC offers a comprehensive soil conservation service to landholders. We have an experienced team of technical staff who can help to:
- identify funding sources for work required
- plan and design soil conservation plans
- survey contour banks
- peg waterways
- restore gullies
- plan and design farm roads and fencelines
- manage their property, and
- plan property access roads
We hold free field days throughout the year so check our events calendar if you'd like to attend or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop!
To discuss our soil conservation rates or to make an inquiry contact QMDC's Soil Conservation Team on phone 07 4637 6200 or email email@example.com
QMDC has developed a series of fact sheets to give landholders an introduction to the construction and design principles required for erosion management, in particular gully head erosion, and road and track erosion. Click on the links below to download the PDF's.
- Soil conservation maintenance: how to prepare for the storm season
- Gully head erosion - the battering technique
- A case study on the battering technique at Carinya, Millmerran.
- Watch our video: Tackling gully erosion using the battering solution.
- Whoaboys - protecting farm roads and preventing erosion
- Farm Dams - tips on maintenance
- Care and use of surveying equipment
Grazing BMP Accelerated Program - Roma
21 June 2018
First day runs from 8am to 5pm Second day from 8am to 12:30pm Places limited and will fill fast Free event! Lunch and smokos provided. What is it?Grazing Best Management Practice is a voluntary online self-assessment tool… + read more
Maximising your Herd
25 June 2018
Join the discussion with Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and Roger Sneath (Senior Extension Officer, FutureBeef, DAF) on how to maximise your herd with genetics, available pasture and some simple records. TIME:… + read more
QMDC Members Meeting
06 July 2018
We invite members of the community to join our Member organisations to get an update on our activities and project highlights in the region. Your opportunity to meet our team, our Executive Committee and to give feedback… + read more