Soil Conservation service
QMDC offers a comprehensive soil conservation service to landholders. We have an experienced team of technical staff who can help to:
- identify funding sources for work required
- plan and design soil conservation plans
- survey contour banks
- peg waterways
- restore gullies
- plan and design farm roads and fencelines
- manage their property, and
- plan property access roads
We hold free field days throughout the year so check our events calendar if you'd like to attend or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop!
To discuss our soil conservation rates or to make an inquiry contact QMDC's Soil Conservation Team on phone 07 4637 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
QMDC has developed a series of fact sheets to give landholders an introduction to the construction and design principles required for erosion management, in particular gully head erosion, and road and track erosion. Click on the links below to download the PDF's.
- Soil conservation maintenance: how to prepare for the storm season
- Gully head erosion - the battering technique
- A case study on the battering technique at Carinya, Millmerran.
- Watch our video: Tackling gully erosion using the battering solution.
- Whoaboys - protecting farm roads and preventing erosion
- Farm Dams - tips on maintenance
- Care and use of surveying equipment
Mental Health First Aid…free workshop.
28 June 2017
This is a Community Initiative: Sponsored by South West Hospitals and Health Service. Who can attend a course? Any interested adult can attend, though please note this course is not for adolescents to attend. This… + read more
02 July 2017
The importance, resilience and richness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages will be the focus of national celebrations marking NAIDOC Week 2017. The 2017 theme - Our Languages Matter - aims to emphasise and… + read more
QMDC Member Meeting for the Maranoa region
06 July 2017
Our regular member meetings are a chance for you to hear about projects and activities in the Maranoa-Balonne and Border Rivers - from QMDC and our member organisations. All welcome. Where: Surat Bowls Club When: 9:30am… + read more