Drought and flood recovery
Recovery resources from QMDC
- Soil conservation service
- Soil conservation maintenance: how to prepare for the storm season
- Gully head erosion - the battering technique
A case study on the battering technique at Carinya, Millmerran.
- Watch our video: Tackling gully erosion using the battering solution.
- Whoaboys - protecting farm roads and preventing erosion
- Farm Dams - tips on maintenance
- Care and use of surveying equipment
- Pasture establishement and management tips
Emergency telephone contacts
- Emergency calls - 000
- SES - 132500
- Elgas: LPG emergency: 1800 819 783
- Origin Energy: gas & LPG emergencies: 1800 808 526
- Ergon Energy Faults: 132296
- Telstra: 13 22 03
- Country Energy 13 23 56
- Ergon Energy: 13 10 46
Community support and counselling:
- Australian Red Cross - Freecall 1300 554 419
- Country Callback - Ph:1800 54 33 54 or email: email@example.com This service offers free, 24/7 support to people suffering hardship as a result of drought in Queensland's rural communities. Run by Uniting Care Community Queensland, the service offers emotional support, information and referrals to other services.
- Dept of Housing and Public Works - 13 74 68
- Community Recovery Centres - 13 74 68
- BeyondBlue - 1300 224 636 or www.beyondblue.org.au
- Lifeline - 13 11 14 or www.lifeline.org.au
- Salvation Army - 1300 363 622
- Tie Up The Black Dog - this rural group's WordPress Blog has a host of resources including the Glovebox Guide To Mental Health and contact numbers.
- Drought Assistance programs (Queensland Government)
QMDC Annual General Meeting
05 October 2018
Join us! Our AGM is open to the community as well as QMDC member organisations. We will showcase the 2017/2018 year and present specialised presentations from our team members and guest speakers. For details contact… + read more