Strategic cropping land
In 2014, the Strategic Cropping Land Act 2011 (SCL Act) was repealed by the Regional Planning Interests Act 2014 (RPI Act). The strategic cropping area (SCA) is an area of regional interest under the RPI Act.
- You can find information on access Strategic Cropping Land maps from this Queensland Government site. Also on this page you can find the statewide trigger map (pdf link), strategic cropping land zone map (pdf link), and sub-zones for strategic cropping land mitigation rates (pdf link).
- You can search via your Lot and Plan on this page of the Queensland Government site.
QMDC strategic cropping land mapping
Maps compiled by staff at QMDC to assist the community to explore the impacts of strategic cropping land on natural resource management. Files have been reduced in quality to increase download speed. Contact QMDC on 07 4637 6200 to obtain hard copies or individual maps.
- Queensland Murray-Darling Basin. Includes mining and energy industry tenure and strategic cropping land. A subset of maps used during community consultation of QMDC's policy response. >>Download [2MB] LINK PENDING
- Central Queensland (includes Nothern Murray-Darling) from Wandoan & Birdsville in the south; to Townsville and Mount Isa in the north. >>Download [10MB] LINK PENDING
- Southern Downs region >>Download [11MB] LINK PENDING
- Information Queensland, data downloaded from Queensland Government Information Service or viewed online at IQAtlas
- Mining and energy industry tenure downloaded from the (then) Interactive Resource Tenure Maps (IRTM). Please view the Queensland Government's MinesOnline for current information.
- General location information available from Geoscience Australia
Murray-Darling Native Fish Forum
23 August 2017
You are invited to attend the 2017 Murray-Darling Basin Native Fish Forum, on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th August 2017 at the National Convention Centre, Canberra The theme of this year's forum is Fish, Flows, Habitat… + read more
Tree planting - St Mary's School Goondiwindi
15 September 2017
A mass tree planting by St Mary’s School students and Goondiwindi Regional Council (GRC) as part of a lesson on the importance of creating native habitat in town areas. QMDC’s guest speakers will lead a discussion… + read more
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
19 September 2017
Ahoy! If you need a little help with the lingo while cursing ... oops, complimenting ... your friends and colleagues today ... read more here: http://talklikeapirate.com/wordpress/how-to/for-further-study/. + read more