Strategic cropping land
In 2014, the Strategic Cropping Land Act 2011 (SCL Act) was repealed by the Regional Planning Interests Act 2014 (RPI Act). The strategic cropping area (SCA) is an area of regional interest under the RPI Act.
- You can find information on access Strategic Cropping Land maps from this Queensland Government site. Also on this page you can find the statewide trigger map (pdf link), strategic cropping land zone map (pdf link), and sub-zones for strategic cropping land mitigation rates (pdf link).
- You can search via your Lot and Plan on this page of the Queensland Government site.
QMDC strategic cropping land mapping
Maps compiled by staff at QMDC to assist the community to explore the impacts of strategic cropping land on natural resource management. Files have been reduced in quality to increase download speed. Contact QMDC on 07 4637 6200 to obtain hard copies or individual maps.
- Queensland Murray-Darling Basin. Includes mining and energy industry tenure and strategic cropping land. A subset of maps used during community consultation of QMDC's policy response. >>Download [2MB] LINK PENDING
- Central Queensland (includes Nothern Murray-Darling) from Wandoan & Birdsville in the south; to Townsville and Mount Isa in the north. >>Download [10MB] LINK PENDING
- Southern Downs region >>Download [11MB] LINK PENDING
- Information Queensland, data downloaded from Queensland Government Information Service or viewed online at IQAtlas
- Mining and energy industry tenure downloaded from the (then) Interactive Resource Tenure Maps (IRTM). Please view the Queensland Government's MinesOnline for current information.
- General location information available from Geoscience Australia
Grazing BMP Accelerated Program - Roma
21 June 2018
First day runs from 8am to 5pm Second day from 8am to 12:30pm Places limited and will fill fast Free event! Lunch and smokos provided. What is it?Grazing Best Management Practice is a voluntary online self-assessment tool… + read more
Maximising your Herd
25 June 2018
Join the discussion with Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and Roger Sneath (Senior Extension Officer, FutureBeef, DAF) on how to maximise your herd with genetics, available pasture and some simple records. TIME:… + read more
QMDC Members Meeting
06 July 2018
We invite members of the community to join our Member organisations to get an update on our activities and project highlights in the region. Your opportunity to meet our team, our Executive Committee and to give feedback… + read more