QMDC's Landcare Discovery Centre
Our Toowoomba Landcare Discovery Centre is undergoing a makeover, thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers... call in and have a look if you are in town.
QMDC has a resource library open to the public in each of our offices - Toowoomba, Goondiwindi and Roma. The libraries house a variety of resources relating to natural resource management, agriculture and the environment. This includes books, journals, teaching resources, kits, posters, audiovisual material and models. Our library contains 5,500+ resources and is constantly growing.
New look Toowoomba library and resources
Online search for titles
The library can be searched online by clicking here. To borrow a resource, you just need to be a resident of the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin. Here's a small sample of the resources we have available:
This month's feature collection comes from the Toowoomba Bird Observers
Similar resources can be found under these subjects:
- Birds, identification and birdwatching
- Wildlife conservation
- Natural Resource Management
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Book loans are for a period of three weeks. Kits and other resources are available for a period of one week. (Alternative conditions need to be discussed with staff at time of borrowing.)
- If an item you wish to borrow is on loan you may reserve it. You will be notified when the item is returned.
- Provided the item has not been reserved by someone else this period may be extended.
- Resources are available for loan by registered library users only (drivers licence or proof of ID may be requred).
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to return the items to the Landcare Discovery Centre this includes paying return postage if required.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to ensure all items borrowed are returned in satisfactory condition with all composite parts accounted for. (This is especially important when borrowing kits.) Borrowers will be charged for missing or damaged items.
- If items are not returned by the due date you will be issued with a reminder notice. If items are not returned within four weeks of the issue of this reminder notice you will be invoiced for the cost of the items.
For enquiries about library resources or borrowing conditions please contact QMDC on 07 4637 6200.
Other regional and/or relevant libraries
- State Library of Queensland >> visit here
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) >> eResearch archive
- Queensland Government >> publications search
- Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage Protection >> Catalogue Search
- Border Rivers Chamber of Commerce has a business book section at the Goondiwindi Library. You can search online or, if you have a book you'd like to donate to the collection, you can call the BRCC on 07 4671 3264.
- NRM knowledge online: an open access digital archive for publicly funded infomration derived from Australian Government Investment in natural resource management activities.
Groundwater Net Workshop - Condamine
01 May 2018
Bore owners invited to local workshops hosted by Department of Natural Resources Mines & Energy to discuss groundwater monitoring data Where: Condamine Sports Club – Leichhardt Highway, CondamineWhen: 9:30am –… + read more
Groundwater Net Workshop - Chinchilla
02 May 2018
Bore owners invited to local workshops hosted by Department of Natural Resources Mines & Energy to discuss groundwater monitoring data Where: Chinchilla Bowls Club – Cnr Park & Boyd Streets… + read more
Groundwater Net Workshop - Cecil Plains
03 May 2018
Bore owners invited to local workshops hosted by Department of Natural Resources Mines & Energy to discuss groundwater monitoring data Where: Cecil Plains Hall - Geraghty Street, Cecil PlainsWhen: 9:30am –… + read more