We've collated a small sample of grants that may be suitable for Landcare groups and their members.
Grant writing advice
Sam at Womat Creative has compiled a handy list and tips on her website.
- Start early; hit the deadline
- The work you do early on to make sure you tick all the boxes will save you time later
- Pick up the phone (build a relationship with grantmakers)
- Apply for more, get more
- Ask for help, attend some training
- Keep asking for feedback, Your good-natured advocacy will work
- If you're asked fro feedback, grasp the opportunity - be constructive
- Include an evaluation component in your budget - push to be paid to measure your result
- Brace for an online future.
- Read the report in detail, and benchmark yourself.
Try subscribing to one of these services for a more comprehensive, regular update:
- OurCommunity.com.au EasyGrants newsletter (paid members)
- IndigoGold.com.au (download free general grants list over $10,000)
- NRMjobs.com.au jobs and other opportunities in the environment, water and NRM
- LandcareAustralia.org.au eNews and grants update
Grants from QMDC
- Dirty Gloves in Schools Grants We are offering schools in the Toowoomba region grants of up to $1,000 thanks to a QMDC ‘Dirty Gloves in Schools’ program sponsored by Total Tools.
- CSG Net grants - apply for up to 75% of the cost of preparing and installing groundwater bore monitoring equipment.
- Drought and flood recovery... this page will be updated during natural disasters.
- Southern Downs Regional Council: Fast-Response small grants program ($0-$500)
- Western Downs region enviro grants 2017
Recurring / annual opportunities
- Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General, Community benefit funding programs, including Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
- Arrow Energy: Brighter Futures community funding grants. Closing first Friday in March & September
- National Geographic Society awards grants for conservation, education, research, sotrytelling, and tchnology thorugh its Committee for Research and Exploration (meeting 4 times per year).
- The Rockerfeller Foundation - various funds
- Australian Communities Foundation - applicants mus have either TCC or DGR
Study or Research opportunities
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E email@example.com
Murray-Darling Native Fish Forum
23 August 2017
You are invited to attend the 2017 Murray-Darling Basin Native Fish Forum, on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th August 2017 at the National Convention Centre, Canberra The theme of this year's forum is Fish, Flows, Habitat… + read more
Tree planting - St Mary's School Goondiwindi
15 September 2017
A mass tree planting by St Mary’s School students and Goondiwindi Regional Council (GRC) as part of a lesson on the importance of creating native habitat in town areas. QMDC’s guest speakers will lead a discussion… + read more
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
19 September 2017
Ahoy! If you need a little help with the lingo while cursing ... oops, complimenting ... your friends and colleagues today ... read more here: http://talklikeapirate.com/wordpress/how-to/for-further-study/. + read more