We've collated a small sample of grants that may be suitable for Landcare groups and their members.
Environmental Recovery from Tropical Cyclone Debbie
Visit the Reconstruction Authority website: http://www.qldreconstruction.org.au/resilience-and-recovery
National Landcare Program | Smart Farms:
Applications now open for the first round.
We've created a draft webmap (click here). To help identify national priorities for your local area.
Grant writing advice
Sam at Womat Creative has compiled a handy list and tips on her website.
- Start early; hit the deadline
- The work you do early on to make sure you tick all the boxes will save you time later
- Pick up the phone (build a relationship with grantmakers)
- Apply for more, get more
- Ask for help, attend some training
- Keep asking for feedback, Your good-natured advocacy will work
- If you're asked fro feedback, grasp the opportunity - be constructive
- Include an evaluation component in your budget - push to be paid to measure your result
- Brace for an online future.
- Read the report in detail, and benchmark yourself.
Try subscribing to one of these services for a more comprehensive, regular update:
- OurCommunity.com.au EasyGrants newsletter (paid members)
- IndigoGold.com.au (download free general grants list over $10,000)
- NRMjobs.com.au jobs and other opportunities in the environment, water and NRM
- LandcareAustralia.org.au eNews and grants update
Grants from QMDC
- Dirty Gloves in Schools Grants We are offering schools in the Toowoomba region grants of up to $1,000 thanks to a QMDC ‘Dirty Gloves in Schools’ program sponsored by Total Tools.
- CSG Net grants - apply for up to 75% of the cost of preparing and installing groundwater bore monitoring equipment.
- Drought and flood recovery... this page will be updated during natural disasters.
- Southern Downs Regional Council: Fast-Response small grants program ($0-$500)
- Western Downs region enviro grants 2017
Recurring / annual opportunities
- Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General, Community benefit funding programs, including Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
- Arrow Energy: Brighter Futures community funding grants. Closing first Friday in March & September
- National Geographic Society awards grants for conservation, education, research, sotrytelling, and tchnology thorugh its Committee for Research and Exploration (meeting 4 times per year).
- The Rockerfeller Foundation - various funds
- Australian Communities Foundation - applicants mus have either TCC or DGR
Study or Research opportunities
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E email@example.com
Grazing BMP Accelerated Program - Roma
21 June 2018
First day runs from 8am to 5pm Second day from 8am to 12:30pm Places limited and will fill fast Free event! Lunch and smokos provided. What is it?Grazing Best Management Practice is a voluntary online self-assessment tool… + read more
Maximising your Herd
25 June 2018
Join the discussion with Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and Roger Sneath (Senior Extension Officer, FutureBeef, DAF) on how to maximise your herd with genetics, available pasture and some simple records. TIME:… + read more
QMDC Members Meeting
06 July 2018
We invite members of the community to join our Member organisations to get an update on our activities and project highlights in the region. Your opportunity to meet our team, our Executive Committee and to give feedback… + read more