- QMDC Biodiversity and Pest Management Senior Regional Project Officer Darren Marshall - Integrating ecological research and human dimensions: improving feral pig management by foserting innovative community engagement - Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley Poster: Who has the data?
- QMDC Regional Pest Technical Officer Dr Dave Berman: Destruction of drought refuge rabbit warrens to control rabbits on Bulloo Downs - the completion of a 20-year project. Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley: Accounting for nature: a regional soil condition assessment - Read the abstract here.
>>Extented, interactive version of powerpoint available online. Includes the following 'apps'
- Environmental Account classification of soil assets >>app
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Land and Water Vanessa Macdonald: Poster display- Predictive habitat assessment. See the brochure here.
- QMDC Project Support Officer Biodiversity and Pest Management John Scriven: Water point traps to capture feral pigs and feral goats at a landscape scale to protect Endangered Species.
- QMDC Climate Change Officer Rhonda Toms-Morgan - Landholders linking through Landcare for landscape fire planning in the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin for carbon, production and biodiversity. Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Technical Officer Peter Thompson - Satellite Imagery interpretation of current and past fire history information in the Upper Maranoa area of Southern Inland Queensland. Read the abstract here.
QMDC CEO Geoff Penton and QMDC Policy Officer Legislation, Policy, Planning, Research & Development Kathie Fletcher encouraged attendees to comment on relevant legislation and policy changes via the links below:
mApps: mobile mapping applications
Source: QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley.
To find out more visit::
- Landscapes Journey App
- Useful apps for Landcare farming
- Semi-automated products for land management (feedback, FORAGE)
- Sign up for Fulcrum citizen science apps
Grazing BMP Accelerated Program - Roma
21 June 2018
First day runs from 8am to 5pm Second day from 8am to 12:30pm Places limited and will fill fast Free event! Lunch and smokos provided. What is it?Grazing Best Management Practice is a voluntary online self-assessment tool… + read more
Maximising your Herd
25 June 2018
Join the discussion with Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and Roger Sneath (Senior Extension Officer, FutureBeef, DAF) on how to maximise your herd with genetics, available pasture and some simple records. TIME:… + read more
QMDC Members Meeting
06 July 2018
We invite members of the community to join our Member organisations to get an update on our activities and project highlights in the region. Your opportunity to meet our team, our Executive Committee and to give feedback… + read more