- QMDC Biodiversity and Pest Management Senior Regional Project Officer Darren Marshall - Integrating ecological research and human dimensions: improving feral pig management by foserting innovative community engagement - Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley Poster: Who has the data?
- QMDC Regional Pest Technical Officer Dr Dave Berman: Destruction of drought refuge rabbit warrens to control rabbits on Bulloo Downs - the completion of a 20-year project. Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley: Accounting for nature: a regional soil condition assessment - Read the abstract here.
>>Extented, interactive version of powerpoint available online. Includes the following 'apps'
- Environmental Account classification of soil assets >>app
- QMDC Regional Coordinator Land and Water Vanessa Macdonald: Poster display- Predictive habitat assessment. See the brochure here.
- QMDC Project Support Officer Biodiversity and Pest Management John Scriven: Water point traps to capture feral pigs and feral goats at a landscape scale to protect Endangered Species.
- QMDC Climate Change Officer Rhonda Toms-Morgan - Landholders linking through Landcare for landscape fire planning in the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin for carbon, production and biodiversity. Read the abstract here.
- QMDC Regional Technical Officer Peter Thompson - Satellite Imagery interpretation of current and past fire history information in the Upper Maranoa area of Southern Inland Queensland. Read the abstract here.
QMDC CEO Geoff Penton and QMDC Policy Officer Legislation, Policy, Planning, Research & Development Kathie Fletcher encouraged attendees to comment on relevant legislation and policy changes via the links below:
mApps: mobile mapping applications
Source: QMDC Regional Coordinator Information Management Roxane Blackley.
To find out more visit::
- Landscapes Journey App
- Useful apps for Landcare farming
- Semi-automated products for land management (feedback, FORAGE)
- Sign up for Fulcrum citizen science apps