Grazing Fundamentals EDGE
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
• environmental regulators of pasture growth & quality
• local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
• how soil properties influence pasture growth
• how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
• how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
• know when and how to use pasture spelling
• principles behind successful grazing systems
• how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
• what’s involved with forage budgeting
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
• evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
• better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
Deliverers: Jill Alexander, Applied Ag and
Rhonda Toms-Morgan – ConnectAg
Price: $650 + GST for 1 person
(subsidised, normally $750pp + GST)
$800 + GST for 2 people from 1 business
10% Earlybird discount if you register before 21 February. Use the discount code GRAZE at registration.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea.
Download the flyer.
This course is supported by the Queensland Murray-Darling Committee through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E email@example.com