Climate Risk Workshop
Do you want to be better prepared for variable rainfall and temperatures? In just a few hours, you can learn the basics of assessing climate risk for the coming season.
QMDC, supported by GrazingFutures* and the University of Southern Queensland, invites you to hear from guest speakers:
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Climate Scientist David McRae
- Queensland Farmers’ Federation Project Manager Ross Henry
- variability of the Australian climate
- local examples of rainfall and temperature variability
- how to interpret forecasting products
- how to use forecasting as part of your property management planning
- agricultural insurance - its use as a risk management tool
Cost: Free! RSVP essential for catering purposes.
Civic Centre, Kirby St
Wednesday, 29 November, 9:00am to 12:30pm (lunch incl.)
Please note - St George has been cancelled
A complimentary lunch will follow the workshop.
RSVP by 27 November to: QMDC NRM Technical Officer Lachlan Marshall: M: 0427 056 443 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
* GrazingFutures is an initiative of the Queensland Government to improve drought preparedness and resilience for Queensland producers.
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E email@example.com