Queensland Weed Symposium
Where: Port Douglas, Queensland
The 14th Queensland Weed Symposium is to be held at The Port Douglas Community Hall, Port Douglas, Australia from 4 - 7 December 2017.
Hosted by the Weed Sopciety of Queensland, the Symposium's theme is “Our place. People, priorities and practice in weed management”.
So who should attend? Anyone with a passion to rid our country of weeds and:
- Local Government weeds officers, managers and Councillors
- Government land managers for national parks, main roads, railways, defence estate and other government lands
- Landcare and Community group members
- Company and industry organisation staff in the mining, nursery, grazing, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, landscaping, tourism, transport and recreation industries
- Utility and service provider staff for electricity, water and telecommunications
- State and Australian Government policy, planning and advisory staff
- Researchers involved in weed management
- Weed consultants and contractors
- Representatives of chemical and equipment manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers
- Traditional Land Owners
In addition to the formal program, there will be ample time for networking and discussions during breaks and through a social program incorporating a welcome reception, symposium dinner and field trips.
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E firstname.lastname@example.org