Maximising your Herd
Where: Mitchell Bowls Club
Join the discussion with Tim Emery (Tropical Beef Technology Services) and Roger Sneath (Senior Extension Officer, FutureBeef, DAF) on how to maximise your herd with genetics, available pasture and some simple records.
TIME: 8:30am arrival for a 9am start - 2pm
ADDRESS: 23 Dublin Street, Mitchell
Workshop will include:
- Making that call to feed, sell or agist
- Discussions around drought constraints and some tools that might help – forage budgets,
- early weaning, excel calculators and NIRS
- Keeping it simple and getting the answers you want
- How to manipulate the information you get for the season and your herd
- How to sift through thousands of bulls to find the ones with the EBVs to take you where you want to go
Smoko and lunch provided.
RSVP by Thursday 21 June to Lachlan Marshall at
email@example.com or 0427 056 443
This event is brought to you by GrazingFutures.
GrazingFutures is funded by the Queensland Government’s Drought and Climate Adaptation Program (DCAP) that aims to improve drought preparedness and resilience for Queensland producers.
127b Campbell Street (corner of Campbell and Bellevue)
PO Box 6243 Toowoomba West QLD 4350
P (07) 4637 6200 F (07) 4632 8062 E firstname.lastname@example.org