The QMDC Regional Aboriginal Advisory Group (RAAG)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this page may contains an image of people who may have since passed away.
The RAAG consists of two representatives (one male and one female) from each of the eight Traditional Owner groups within the region including:
o Kooma, and
The need for the Group was identified through a consultation process between QMDC, South West NRM and regional Aboriginal groups. You can read the report here. The role of the RAAG is to:
- Provide QMDC with professional and relevant advice in all matters pertaining to Aboriginal involvement in QMDC's core business
- Assist QMDC to ensure Aboriginal communities in the region are actively participating in natural resource management planning processes that are compatible with Indigenous governance, protocols and decision-making processes
- Disseminate information to Aboriginal people and to relevant Aboriginal groups and organisations about natural resource management issues discussed within the RAAG meetings
- Assist QMDC to foster a deeper understanding between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people, especially on matters related to natural and cultural heritage
- Facilitate the development of good cross cultural awareness between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people (government and non-government) involved in natural resource management in the region.
There are a number of regional Aboriginal groups and committees in the QMDC region. The current structure and advisory role of these groups may change in the future.
For further information regarding membership and contact details of these groups, please contact Tim Knox on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rabbit Control Project - Community Catch up
25 May 2017
Join us for a barbecue and the chance to learn more about a new rabbit control project, assistance available to landholders in ‘The Summit ‘area and the impact of rabbits. This is your chance to have an informal… + read more
26 May 2017
May 26 & 27. More: https://www.facebook.com/Chinchilla-Show-Society-457410664334484/ or + read more
27 May 2017
National Reconciliation Week (NRW) 2017 runs from May 27 to June 3 each year. These dates mark the anniversaries of the 1967 referendum and the Mabo decision, respectively. 2017 marks the 50th and 25th anniversaries of these… + read more