Our region in Southern Queensland takes in the headwaters of Australia's iconic Murray-Darling Basin (25% of the whole). We work closely with communities and our projects extend across the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin.
A snap shot:
- The Queensland Murray-Darling Basin covers 260,791sqkm or 15% of the state
- It's home to more than 255,000 people
- It contains some the nation’s most endangered flora and fauna
- It extends over twelve local government areas including Quilpie, Bulloo, Blackall-Tambo, Murweh, Paroo, Maranoa Regional, Balonne, Goondiwindi Regional, Western Downs Regional, South Burnett Regional, Toowoomba Regional, and Southern Downs Regional council areas.
- It's renowned for its rich farming soils and grazing country
- Industries include livestock, intensive animal industries, cropping, horticulture, forestry, tourism and mining
Map of QMDB