Mining and the QMDB
- Resource and tenure maps updated (June 2012) available here
- QMDC's revised draft policy with regard to the impact of mining on the natural resources of the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin is available here (1mb+ pdf). For more information, contact QMDC Project Support Officer - Policy, Research, Development & Planning Kathie Fletcher on 07 4637 6200. (October 2011)
- Maps for strategic cropping land
Resources and Tenure Extent in the QMDB
The Queensland Murray-Darling Committee has compiled several maps detailing the potential impact of mining activity on the Basin in this state.
These maps have been produced to show current exploration permits (as at December 2008) overlayed on maps detailing riverine areas, good agricultural land, waterways and remnant vegetation.
QMDC is not averse to mining activity if issues surrounding land use, riverine areas and wetlands, vegetation and biodiversity, water quality and salinity can be effectively managed, mitigated or preferably avoided.
QMDC has prepared a public presentation on the possible impacts of the mining and energy industries on the natural resources of the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin. This presentation available as a PDF download.
- Click_here to download the original presentation [2MB].
- Click_here to download the extended range of maps using December 2008 figures [3MB].
- Click_here to download 50 pages of maps and statistics using July 2008, December 2008 and September 2009 data [3MB].
- Click here to download maps using August 2010 data.
- Click here to download maps using March 2011 data. Summary statistics can also be downloaded here.
Submissions have been made to the Senate Inquiry into the impact of mining in the Murray Darling Basin. QMDC gave evidence to the public meeting in Oakey. The organisation's submission, along with other submissions and transcript of hearings are now available for download.
- Click here to go to the Inquiry website.
- Click_here for information about the Inquiry.
- Click_here for a list of submissions received.
- First QMDC submission (#28) and attachment.
- Click here for a transcript (proof copy) from the Oakey (Qld 29/09/09) session.
Resource Tenure Maps Online
Resource tenure maps are available online as a download or through an interactive map tool. Visit the IRTM (Interactive Resource Tenure Maps - available here) website to access up-to-date information.
For more information on mining and energy issues, contact QMDC on 4637 6200.